Sunday, June 16, 2013

Happy Father's Day (3D die cut card)

My dad wears a ratty, tattered vest and even though I've given him new ones, he still keeps wearing the old one anyway. He doesn't wear a bow tie, but I think he'll get a kick out of this card anyway.


I've been experimenting in the realm of "printables" and this is made of 3 pieces - the bow tie, shirt, and vest, cut from 1 sheet of letter-size paper on 80lb cover stock. It was fun to shade the bow tie and give it a sense of 3D while really giving a 3D shape. Details in the buttons and stitching was a cinch to print. It helps keep the vest flaps down when the card is closed. I've written my message under the shirt, which is removable.


Somehow I quite like the back as well simply for its minimalism. He's a man of little words, so I'll see what kind of reaction I get during tonight's dinner.


If you'd like to cut this card by hand, I'm selling a "printable" and "cuttable" file on Craftsy.


6 comments:

  1. so cute .. and an awesome idea on father's day:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your kind words, Rose Angeline!

      Delete
  2. This card turned out really adorable! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for taking the time to look and comment, Jana! :D

      Cecelia

      Delete